Thursday, July 17, 2014

Empties: Products We Used Up | June 2014


Hello, Lovelies! I don't know about you, but I love watching the Empties videos from my favorite beauty gurus on YouTube. I really enjoy discovering new products, and usually if it's in a Empties video it obviously worked for them and they like it a lot. I've tried all sorts of different products from recommendations I've seen on YT and beauty blogs.

I decided to start saving all of our empty health and beauty care containers too. Since we use lots of different products everyday, I thought it would be cool to share the stuff our family goes through each month. This will be another fun series...


I keep all of our empty packages and containers in a large metal bucket that I thrifted from our local Goodwill last year. It was only $.99! How could I pass it up? Pink happens to be my favorite color, and the saying and image couldn't be more perfect. It's gotten a couple scratches over time, but no big deal... it is holding trash! I added an "Empties" tag secured with twine just in case someone mistakes it for the actual garbage can.

THE PRODUCTS WE USED UP IN JUNE

  • Cleansing Towelettes Makeup Remover Wipes by Up & Up [$3.64 from Target]: This was just okay for me. It didn't work any better than the standard baby wipes that I use to remove my makeup sometimes. But the main reason I didn't like it is because it isn't very gentle. It actually burned my sensitive skin a bit.
  • Foamin' Fun Shampoo & Bodywash in Lavender by BabyGanics [$9.99 from Target]: Our daughter has been a "green" baby since she was in the womb. And the only things that touch her skin are made from organic and natural ingredients. The handy pump on this product disperses foamy soap that serves double-duty as a shampoo and body wash! It's the 3rd bottle we've gone through... definitely a favorite!
  • Fresh High Endurance Deodorant by Old Spice [3 oz / $3.97 from Walmart]: The Hubby really likes this brand's antiperspirant and deodorant. He's gone through hundreds of these over the last decade! Walmart sells them as a 2-pack at a really affordable price.
  • Macadamia Oil Shampoo by Organix [13 fl oz / $4.99 from Fred Meyer]: I'm currently finishing up a huge bottle of Cleansing Conditioner by Wen, but once a week I give my hair a really good shampooing. I've used this brand for years and have tried many of the different lines. This one is for dry and damaged hair. OGX is also eco-friendly and cruelty-free!
  • NYC Liquid Eyeliner in Black [.17  fl oz / $2.74 from Walmart]: I've repurchased this so many times! It's not a favorite, but I do like it. The applicator is really easy to work with and the black formula has a pearly finish.
  • Colgate Total Whitening Gel Toothpaste [6 oz / $2.96 from Walmart]: This is the only toothpaste we ever purchase. Although we've tried many different kinds, it's the one we always go back to. It leaves our whole mouth feeling fresh and clean all day long.
  • Gentle Saline Wipes for Stuffy Noses by Boogie Wipes [10 ct. / $1.00 from Dollar Tree]: We'll purchase this over and over again as long as our little one lets us wipe her nose. If you're a parent, you know with kids comes runny noses. And you also know what that leads too... These handy little wipes clean stubborn boogies and soothe sore little noses. Always prepared, we keep one of these 10 ct. travel packs in our car, another one in my handbag, and a 30 ct. pack at home!
  • Deep Action Exfoliating Scrub by Clean & Clear [5 oz / $4.99 from Target]: We've been using this for years. It's one of the few products that we ALWAYS buy when we run out! The reason we love this one so much is because of the tingly sensation you get when you apply it. We've tried so many other facial exfoliating scrubs, but none of them are quite like this one. It's a MUST-HAVE! And our skin feels so clean and smooth after we use it.
  • Homeopathic Cold 'n Cough 4 Kids by Hyland's [4 oz / $4.99 from Walmart]: Generations of children in my family have used this natural health care line. And this is another one of those products that we repurchase when it's gone. When she gets sick I feel safe letting her take this, and it's just as effective as the other brands of cold medicine available for children.
  • Homeopathic Cold 'n Cough 4 Kids Nighttime by Hyland's [4 oz / $4.99 from Walmart]: This is a great companion to the product I previously mentioned. It really helps her sleep and she doesn't wake up feeling groggy. The multi-symptom formula soothes all of her discomforts.

That's the last of it! I hope you enjoyed today's post :) Be sure to check back next month for July's Empties! In the meantime, feel free to browse my other Beauty posts. You can also stay updated on my recent posts, projects, and photos by following me on instagram, or by "liking" my fan page on Facebook. So why not head over there now and show some love...

Have you tried any of the products I mentioned? Any thoughts, questions, or comments about this post? I'd love to hear it! Your feedback is always welcome and much appreciated.

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Hi I like you blog, It has some really useful info on some of the products you have shared. I m looking someone who does semi permanent make up , would you happen to know anyone?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Andy! I'm sorry, I don't know anyone who does that type of makeup. Wish I could help. Good luck!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover