Monday, February 3, 2014

2014: Life | An Update

It's February already?!

I think it's a good time to share what has been going on the last couple of weeks during that unannounced hiatus from my blog and social media. But before I get to any of that, I wanted to first say mahalo to those who sent sweet messages and mail while I was away. Thankfully it wasn't anything serious.

I have to say, the new year started out wonderfully! Everything was on track the first couple of weeks, so I decided to take a little break from blogging before our vacation in Portland, OR to visit our family. I needed the extra time to get ready for our trip. And an awesome trip it was! We really enjoyed the change of scenery and the quality time with our loved ones. It always hard to leave....

But there is nothing like spending a fun weekend with family in Portland, only to come home and start the week with a 4-year-old and a stomach bug! Thankfully we made it home safe and sound. But I'd be lying if I said this past week wasn't tough. That yucky bug worked it's way through our entire family in a week! Taking care of them and nursing them back to health was my primary mission. As of now, the little one and the hubs is at 100%. Back to their old selves. Me. Almost there. I'm just happy to be back to "life." But I do admit, the extra rest was really nice :)

I haven't really touched any of my books lately. [It was rough, people!] Now I'm just making up for lost time. This week I'll be sharing the rest of January's Filofax layouts, and work on getting caught up with Project Life. Right now, I'm 2 weeks behind. I also have the remaining 365/30 Lists to share.

I'm hoping to be get caught up with all of my projects pretty quickly, because I have lots of fun stuff planned for February! It's one of my favorite months <3 You guys know how much I love pink. and hearts. and Love! This month you'll also see some new goodies and supplies... and even fun holiday projects! February is also my Blogoversary month :) To show my appreciation for a wonderful and successful year of blogging, I'm hosting another giveaway! Details to come.

image via tumblr

You can stay updated on my recent posts, projects, and photos by following me on instagram, or by "liking" my fan page on Facebook. So why not head over there now and show some love...

Is it hard for you to get back on track after spending time away from your blog or a project? Any thoughts, questions, or comments about this post? I'd love to hear it! Your feedback is always welcome and much appreciated!

Mahalo for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. Glad you and your family enjoyed your time away Crystal, but I am sorry that you all were plagued with a bug. Ack! Happy to hear that recovery has happened quickly and that you were able to get some downrime for your own health's sake. Not always an easy task when being the Mama and nursing everyone else! Oh, do I ever know what it is to be behind on one's blog. I find it difficult to digest the fact tbat I have been MIA for nine months. Completely out of my control, but I do have hopes of returning on a much less demanding basis. I miss my online community in a big way. I am over the moon that you have found your way here and are going strong. I am not always able to comment, but I do try to catch your posts as often as time allows me to. Happy February sweet lady and may you and yours remain healthy. XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Linda <3 You have always been so sweet, kind, and supportive through this blogging adventure. I'm so happy to have met you here and it's been such a pleasure getting to know you this past year. I hope you find your way back to blogging someday... and on better terms. [I understand that "demanding" feeling ;)] Take care!

      Look forward to hearing from you again <3 Much Aloha!

      Delete
  2. Please forgive typos! On my phone. Getting older and vision is not what it was six months ago. This is the reason I have chosen a Galaxy Note 3 for my upgrade rather than an iPhone!!! He, he...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all good! No big deal ;) I totally understand... My mobile does the same thing! Especially when I'm on this site and instagram! I hear ya, sister. I have a Galaxy S3. Even though the screen is HUGE, I still make typos. Lol.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover