Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Project Life: Week 40


Hello again! As I mentioned in today's earlier post, this week I'm doubling up on my Project Life posts since I took a break from blogging last week. Now I'm going to share my most recent completed layout with you, bringing both my PL album and posts up-to-date.

WEEK 40
Life Documented
September 29 - October 5

Week 40: Single Page Layout

It was another mellow week here in the Pacific NW. We didn't have much going on and I had very little photos to use, so another single page layout was the best option. Although we didn't do anything special, I had no problem capturing moments of everyday life. To me, those really are the best! And this week was all about family...

Since I didn't have much to document I went with a We R Memory Keepers layout with six 6x4 pockets. It looks great with the adjoining page from Week 39. For the handmade title card I used a sheet of 6x6 Ki Memories paper cut down to size. My Silhouette Cameo made the "WEEK" and arrow, and I used some  numbers from a set of Amy Tangerine thickers to finish off the card.

Week 40: A Netflix Snippet

Of our 14 years together, we love nothing more than cuddling on the couch to watch a good Horror flick. You should see our scary movie collection! Obviously, the hubby and I are huge fans of the Horror genre (Zombies, especially), so you can imagine how stoked we were when they created The Walking Dead. Since we missed the first few episodes of Season 3 when it aired, we decided to wait until they released the season on Netflix. After what seemed like forever, they finally did... so we had a little marathon! 

Being a Project Lifer, I decided to capture this moment in time. I took a snippet from the Netflix app [on my laptop] of our "Recent Activity" and printed it to size. I added filmstrip washi tape and a Walking Dead sticker from my Get Glue collection to complete the card. It was a simple and great way to fill a pocket, especially when you don't have much photos to use!

Week 40: Handmade "Friday" Card

This is another handmade card using a sheet of 6x6 Ki Memories paper cut down to size. It holds an adorable 4x4 instagram photo of our daughter. I used a Kraft cardstock banner which I cut on my Cameo, and a white gel pen to add a faux stitching detail for that extra little touch. I finished the card with some pretty pink Basic Grey tiny alphabet stickers.

Week 40: "My Loves" Card

Here I'm using the solid-colored side to a double-sided sheet of Ki Memories paper. It holds another 4x4 instapic, this one of the two most important people in my life. I added a puffy heart sticker by MAMBI and used my white gel pen to add some dot doodles to frame the card and to add some detail around the heart. Simplicity at its finest...

Week 40: "Week in Review"

Since I didn't journal on any of my handmade cards, I decided that a "Week in Review" card would be a great addition. This is a journal card from Becky Higgins "Mayfield" Mini Kit, and I chose it specifically for the day/calendar theme. I think it's perfect for documenting our week. Some Studio G alphabet stickers was all I needed to complete the card.

Week 40: "Cruisin"

The last of my 6x4 cards is another handmade creation using 6x6 Ki Memories paper cut down to size. This time I used two wallet-sized instapics of my daughter. I layered neon orange paper tape with a strip of thin Recollections washi for embellishment, and finished off the card with some foam thickers.

That's all I have for you today! I hope you enjoyed today's Project Life posts :) You can find my complete 2013 album here. I'll be linking up with The Mom Creative, so be sure to stop by for more PL inspiration! Also, feel free to take a peek at my "SMASH* & PL" or "Printables/Templates" pinboards on Pinterest for tons of fun free printables, DIYs, ideas, and inspiration.

To stay updated on my recent posts, projects, and photos, follow me on instagram, or "like" my new fan page on Facebook. So why not head over there now and show some love...

Are you documenting 2013 with Project Life? What's your favorite thing about it? Any thoughts, questions, or comments about this post? Please drop me a line. Your feedback is always welcome and much appreciated!

Thank you for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. I love your PL pages! :)...and I LOVE your homemade cards, they make it a very personal project.
    I don't do PL, but I've started using the pocket pages in my 12x12 albums,I think it's a great way to get more of the everyday life in my albums. Life's not just parties and big adventures - it's that everyday life that keeps it all together ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Thanni :) I couldn't agree more... handmade cards really add a personal touch <3

      Yes, I think that's one of the reasons I love doing Project Life. Being able to capture those important everyday life moments to be cherished and remembered for years to come...


      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover